AUCTIONS AND CD BURNING

wkpxman

Hi, this is my first time on the list. I have not purchased a Roland vs yet and I need advice. Has anyone bought one on an online auction? Is this a good idea? I have seen some good prices and my money is in short supply these days. I would also like to know if I bought a vs 880ex - could I use my phillips cd recorder to record cds or would I have to buy the roland recorder? One last question0 the effects on the vs 880ex- do they include guitar fuzz or distortion and phase effects? Thanks in advance for your help

To answer all your questions wkpxman,

Ive purchased many expensive things through ebay with much success (no guarantee) yes you should be able to record with your CD recorder and the VS effects include all modulatoins and delay effects like Phase flange and chorus as well as different distortions, although in my opinion the effects in the VSs are worth less then crusty dog shit.

What type of Phillips CD reocorder do you have? If it's a CD-R that requires a PC to work and you are thinking about using it by plugging it into the SCSI port on the back of the 880, it will NOT work. If it's a stand alone deal that connects to a stereo, then you should be able to route the master out jacks of the 880 into the recorder and go at it. The 880 would be just like any other audio source connected to the CD recorder.

I don't think you would be happy with the 880 effects if you are relying on them to provide distortion for your guitar tracks. They pretty much suck for that. Otherwise, they aren't that bad for adding a reverb, or something similar, now and then.

Back