What are your favorite Pro tools stock plugins?

• Thread starter Deleted member 203901
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 203901

I just wanted to post this question here because I own pro tools version 8 and I only use the stock plugins available there while mixing songs. I would love to hear from other Pro Tools users here about what stock plugins they like the most and which is their least favorite (especially in terms of sound) and why. Thanks!

I use their dyn3 compressor quite a lot.
It's simple, the visual is nice enough, and it sounds fine for a lot of stuff.
D-verb gets an outing once in a while although I generally go for waves r-verb first.
I think, most often, I use D-verb where I want something to stand out a bit, rather than blend in, like an instrument solo.

I use lo-fi quite a bit with distortion + saturation < 5...Maybe on a bass instrument that just sounds too clean.
I can't remember if I use their de-esser or waves.

There's nothing wrong with their eqs either - I've used them where sessions sharing/compatibility was important,
but for sessions on my own I'm more familiar and comfortable with waves req + q series.
It's not really a sound thing - Just a case of being more familiar with one UI over another.

Thanks so much for your replies, Steenamaroo and soundofsilence....Also I'm sorry for this REALLY late reaction to your replies (I wasn't watching this thread and back when I posted this I wasn't aware that such option was available) Recently, I've been really using the AIR filter gate plugin a LOT (it's in the "Modulation" category) I really like that it has the cut off filter, Autopan, techno/trance type gate presets, even the LFO (which I have not figured out how to use yet) Also, I love tweaking/automating the release of the gate to change the overall vibe from percussive to a more sustained type of feel! Another plugin I love is the LOFI plugin and I like using it on the master bus (I'm still trying to figure out Mastering, among other thing, btw) When I just put the distortion of this plugin on 0.2 and saturation on 0.1, I feel like it warms up the overall track, makes it slightly louder and maybe even a slight compression type effect? (I could be wrong) and I'm also finding that I can automate the "sample rate" parameter at the top to use this plugin as a low pass filter :)

Version 10 here, and I only use the stock plugs. I’m particularly fond of the 1176 clone they have (forget what it’s called)

Back