Tips for limiting CPU usage

Leopard is so slow anyway. I hate it. I'm gonna upgrade to 4GB of Ram, but I don't feel I should need to do that to surf the bloody web a bit quicker.

10.4.11 is not supported. 10.4.9 is the highest revision of Tiger supported by Pro Tools (7.4) however Pro Tools 7.1.1 is supported by 10.4.8 as the highest revision...

This could be the source of your problems....

If you run the prebinding script provided on the digi site, it works. I've even read that OS 10.4.11 might help with possible mbox 2 kernal panics.

I've had the cpu usage/usb playback problem for a while. Even when I was running OS 10.2 and 10.3 with PT LE 6.x. I think it's just something you have to work around maybe???? Or marketing to get you to buy 002 or 003.

I think now they make them easier to but in most cases it's best to get a external drive that way if you want to just grab and go you can, but really it's just whatever is best for you. I just prefer external drives

Ok..thanks. It will be a big change...I build my own PC's..Im used to being able to rip it apart and add/remove things!!!

It's not that at all.

The prebinding fix applies to Pro Tools 7.4; not 7.1.1. Even with this fix, neither 10.4.11 nor 10.4.10 are not supported by Digidesign.

When I first got PT LE 7.1.1 I'd get that bouncing icon and it wouldn't open. I just installed that prebinding script and it worked. I don't know, It's working so far, just that cpu usage limit, which I've read, is pretty common if you are adding too many plugins and junk.

Back