Reason/midi troubles

osvid

:confused:I am trying to use Reason with my usb midi controllor and it will not recognize it. I have tried booting up PT with and without it pluged in. I have pluged it in after I open a session. I can't figure it out. I had it running last winter. Any suggestions?

Are you on a mac or a pc? If you're on a mac, you need to go into AMS (Audio Midi Setup) to set up all of your midi connections.

I'm not sure what you do on a PC.

What version of Reason are you using?

For most of them, if not all, click on edit, open preferences, and open up the control surfaces and keyboard option, and maybe try auto detect your controller. If that does not work, you can click add and manually find your controller................

I know you can do it that way with Reason 3.0. Reason 2.5 was quite similar and linked up pretty easy...........

Are you rewiring it with protools?
Have you tried using reason as an isolated program? Just to eliminate that it is not a rewiring issue.

So, how do you set up your midi inputs and outputs?

Sorry man, not tryting to be an asshole. I didn't look at your name, and I didn't realize you were the original poster trying to get an answer to this question.

Anyway, Trumpspade might be on to something. I know that for me, Rewire is a pain in the ass, so I almost always use Reason as a stand alone program and then export each part of the song I do from Reason and then import that file into Pro Tools. Rewire might be your issue, or the routing on your instrument track.

I am fairly new with PT, could you explain Rewire? I have the version of reason that comes with the ignition pack PT 7.o. I am using USB to connect the midi controllor. I will try theses suggestions this afternoon and see if I can get them working.

Thanks for the help and insight! Lucky13, no worries my wife calls me an asshole all the time! One day I will go Mac!

Back