PT ilok disaster!

When I open PT mpowered, warning message occurs that says loss of plug in authorization may occur. goes on to say that one or more ntfs files have too many volume characters or something. I cannot find said files to change, and do not understand how to fix this. cannot find help after many google searches, and searches of the forum. anyone know a fix? I just got a new edrum kit and am excited to get the midi going but i cant till this is fixed. thank you.
didgijimmy:confused:

When I open PT mpowered, warning message occurs that says loss of plug in authorization may occur. goes on to say that one or more ntfs files have too many volume characters or something. I cannot find said files to change, and do not understand how to fix this. cannot find help after many google searches, and searches of the forum. anyone know a fix? I just got a new edrum kit and am excited to get the midi going but i cant till this is fixed. thank you.
didgijimmy:confused:

As you say, rather strange. Never heard of this issue before - have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the iLok driver?

longing for my pt...

yes, ive tried simply unplugging ilok, renaming the driver file(which created a near other disaster ive only recently remedied), and just an hour ago uninstalled driver software, then reinstalled it from ilok website, when it was reinstalled it is giving the same problem description. If i open pt anyway, everything seems fine. however it warns me that opening with too many volume characters in the ntfs file has been known to corrupt systems, and this scares me. idk what else to do

the saga continues...

i decided to try to open pt anyway, thinking that it was just a bug that would fix itself the next time i opened it. now, i get a warning that pops up and says A Fatal Exception Has Occured, Pro Tools Must Exist. Idk what it is trying to tell me, but I cant open pt. now im really scared. i did rename some of the driver files for pt i think, because they were over 11 characters, and i somehow believed this would fix the problem last night. am i doomed?

update....

I put in the installation disk, and opened setup and used the repair option. it thankfully fixed the non opening fiasco, but i still get that stupid 11 character corruption warning box. however pt is open right now and running fine. im just afraid of losing my authorization, because i hear that is a bitch to fix.
funnily enough, my cdrw drive quit working at this time too, and i had to go into the registry to fix it (deleted upper and lower filter issues). Also another hardware device, though i do not recognize it, has an exclamation mark next to it in device manager. did i do something majorly wrong to cause all of this. and does anyone know how to make the ilok volume under 11 characters?
thanks.

A few times

I have seen this warning message a few times, when clients bring in a flash drive that isn't formatted the same way as my hard drive, and when they have long character disk drive names and file names. This clears up if I copy their files to my hard drive and run from that. I don't think it is a problem with your ilok.

I have seen this warning message a few times, when clients bring in a flash drive that isn't formatted the same way as my hard drive, and when they have long character disk drive names and file names. This clears up if I copy their files to my hard drive and run from that. I don't think it is a problem with your ilok.

HI I have this exact same problem. 11 character name need to rename some file or something

I was wondering how did u copy file to your comp and run it off there?

or if anyone has solution to the error I get when trying to open protools

Give us some more info. This thread is old.
PT version number, software platform etc.

What's your current state. PT won't open at all?

Is your problem with the ilok, or with usb storage?

Back