PT 11 audio sharing? Midi? and ReWire?

fuzzsniffvoyage

I'm abandoning Cakewalk and migrating to PT's. So I'm having a bit of a learning curve.

After I open Pro Tools 11, I get sound out of the daw, but when I open the internet explorer or iTunes, what ever, there is no sound until I reboot. It doesn't matter if I close PT, I still have to reboot. I'm on a PC running Windows 10 Pro. I've gone in to the computers settings, nothing obviously wrong.

This really hampers me from learning off of You Tube and what not.

Other issues I'm having is midi, getting my Akai MPK49 to work. I'm sure it's not a big deal, if I could only follow along the You Tube video.

Superior Drummer 2. I get sounds. Can't find the step sequencer.

And since I'm abandoning all my soft synths I bought from Sonar, can I rewire the VST's to another DAW?

I'm positive I can figure all these out, if only I could hear the instruction videos while PT's is open.

Thanks for your time and help.

Sorry fella.
I'm usually pretty quick off the mark with ProTools questions but I don't think I can help with any of this. :(

I used to have the same audio hardware 'control' issues but my memory is terrible, and it's so many version ago that I doubt it'd be relevant anyway.

Hope you get some good info! :)

A simple work around to the youtube being on at the same time you have Protools open, is to have the net on a different computer.
My music computer isn't even connected to the net. Never has been.
Anything net related, I'll have my laptop open or most of the time just my smartphone. (It's just more convenient)
For the audio portion I just have a cord running from HP out to the mixer.
Even when I'm in need of downloading something, I just download to my phone then transfer to my music computer.
Things such as iTunes for reference tracks I have in my computer, no need to be online.

A simple work around to the youtube being on at the same time you have Protools open, is to have the net on a different computer.
My music computer isn't even connected to the net. Never has been.
Anything net related, I'll have my laptop open or most of the time just my smartphone. (It's just more convenient)
For the audio portion I just have a cord running from HP out to the mixer.
Even when I'm in need of downloading something, I just download to my phone then transfer to my music computer.
Things such as iTunes for reference tracks I have in my computer, no need to be online.

Hi! Thanks for responding. Yeah, about the 2nd computer, I sold my lap top last year to help fund #Gearfest and got me a pair of Rode NT5's. I'm kind of regretting selling the lap top. Any way, I never really had the problem with SPLAT.
So I'm running my iPad into my interface, kind of a hassle but it'll work until I figure it out.

And I've never had any problems using my studio PC for everything. Work, net, paying bills, eBay, what ever.

I cant remember with 11, I'm running 2018.4 win 10 pro and have no difficulty. I switch back and forth between PT and my desktop / internet and can switch between my monitor (PC Monitor) sound output for YouTube and my interface for PT using the audio control (bottom right hand corner of desktop) , and to be honest now I'm thinking about it it does it for me. I know thats not solving your problem but it can be done, just not sure how I did it:(

And for the record, I've always just run all my PC needs on 1 PC, pause windows updates for as long as possible have good antivirus and away you go!

I cant remember with 11, I'm running 2018.4 win 10 pro and have no difficulty. I switch back and forth between PT and my desktop / internet and can switch between my monitor (PC Monitor) sound output for YouTube and my interface for PT using the audio control (bottom right hand corner of desktop) , and to be honest now I'm thinking about it it does it for me. I know thats not solving your problem but it can be done, just not sure how I did it:(

For some reason my PC keeps enabling all my audio devices. I'm running an 11 Rack SPDIF into my Tascam US 1800 and its also enabling the AMD sound drivers on the mother board. pain in the ass. It just started doing this since I've started using PT11. Not every re-boot, but often.

For some reason my PC keeps enabling all my audio devices. I'm running an 11 Rack SPDIF into my Tascam US 1800 and its also enabling the AMD sound drivers on the mother board. pain in the ass. It just started doing this since I've started using PT11. Not every re-boot, but often.

Elevenrack has a way of wanting to hijack and take over everything. It wants to be the interface, ignoring that you already have an interface.
It gave me trouble when I first installed it along with protools 10 and a Focusrite pro40 interface.

As cool as it is (11rack), its a selfish little bitch. Lol :D

Got everything back to normal in a couple of days, dont remember exactly what I did, but part of it was trashing and reseting my pt preferences. Check out toutube search for "trash pt preferences" some good stuff comes up and it's pretty easy.

Back