protools,plugin difficulties

ok,,so as a new user to pro tools,and digidesign,,,i can only imagine i'm gonna hassling this forum something cronic!lol,,but down to the question.

i used to use addictive drums with vegas..

i now use protools 7.3 in os x 10.4.8, and have a mac installer for addictive drums.
the xln website claims that it's compatible with protools 7.x and higher, but,having installed it,,,,it's not appearing in any of my menus.

i also transfered the use of izotope ozone 3, but it just worked,and was in my plugins list no problem.

i've started wandering does it show as a plugin? or do i have to set up an instrument track,and add addictive drums that way somehow?

either way,,i cant find any evidence of it in protools,,,,apart from the fact that it shows it loading on the protools intro screen,,,so i know protools is aware of it at least..

as always,,,thanks in advance.

Have a look to see if it's in the plugin folder, like that you can see if its just you not use PT properly or whether it hasn't installed correctly :)

Ditto bennychico11, I thought I had borked a plugin until I created a stereo track and looked in the plugins, where bammo, there it was. Some of them don't work with both stereo and mono.

hey thanks guys,,,finally got it sorted

would you beleive like,,i'm far from a noob,,,,

but i never for a second thought i would HAVE to insert a stereo track, before it would even show me it :(

cos i'd just set up a split new mac,,,,i was just glancin in the plugins list,,and being disappointed everytime

anyways,,job done,,thanks again.

Back