ProTools First- Crashed and projects are missing

Jennifer Newman

Hello,

I have been working on a large project. Each of my tracks consists of 817 small clips and then bouncing them into individual files.
Last night Pro tools crashed during a recording session. All seemed fine after that, I recorded more clips. Then this morning when opened them to rename my clips prior to bouncing, 4 separate tracks are gone! I had the foresight after the crash to save them as WAV files so I can import the WAV file but I do that they are no longer in separate clips.

Is there a way to either recover the missing tracks or separate the WAV file into clips?

Please help! On a deadline!

TiA

[MENTION=188835]steen[/MENTION]

I sent this to Steen who is likely to have some ideas for you.

Best!

Hey!
Asides from data recovery there's only really one option - Have a look in the session's /audio folder and see what's in there.
It's possible that the audio file has recorded and been committed to file but just isn't in the session any more due to the crash.

Might be a bit tedious flicking through files if the tracks weren't named but hopefully you'll find what you're looking for.

If the files aren't there then I think it's just a loss, I'm afraid. :(

Bit of a long shot but it might be worth opening up the last few auto-saves of the session.
They're stored in the session folder in Auto-Saves, or something similar.
Again, unlikely but worth a go.

Hey!
Asides from data recovery there's only really one option - Have a look in the session's /audio folder and see what's in there.
It's possible that the audio file has recorded and been committed to file but just isn't in the session any more due to the crash.

Might be a bit tedious flicking through files if the tracks weren't named but hopefully you'll find what you're looking for.

If the files aren't there then I think it's just a loss, I'm afraid. :(

Bit of a long shot but it might be worth opening up the last few auto-saves of the session.
They're stored in the session folder in Auto-Saves, or something similar.
Again, unlikely but worth a go.

Thanks for taking the time. Saves more hours wasted.

Back