Pro tools m-powered question

hardware

it wont open without the hardware or the ilok

but you can get an mbox mini real cheap these days =)

or ebay for an m-audio delta 44 or something if youve got protools already..

When I used PT there was a dongle that needed to be inserted into a USB port before PT would start up.
Not sure if it still works this way.

Eck

hey jonathanmitchel,

is a delta 44 better then a M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Soundcard PCI Audio Card?

i no the delta 44 has 4 TRS ins, but does that mean it will record 4 trakcs simutaniously?

because i am looking for the cheapest unit that will record the most tracks at once.

hey jonathanmitchel,

is a delta 44 better then a M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Soundcard PCI Audio Card?

i no the delta 44 has 4 TRS ins, but does that mean it will record 4 trakcs simutaniously?

because i am looking for the cheapest unit that will record the most tracks at once.

ive never used a 2696, but i think its 2 inputs (at 24 bit 96k)
the delta 44 is 4 ins an 4 outs
i think there is a delta 66aswell (6 in 6 out)
and there is a delta 1010 (which i have) which is 10 in and 10 out
i know the delta 1010 does 24bit 96k, but not sure about the other delta cards, check on m0audio.com for more info =)

Well, in terms of actual useful inputs, the 66 still only has 4 and the 1010, either of them, only has 8. The other two are s/pdif or something like that.

Well, in terms of actual useful inputs, the 66 still only has 4 and the 1010, either of them, only has 8. The other two are s/pdif or something like that.

yes, the other two are spdif,, they are digital inputs, and are very usefull =)
the 1010 has 8 analog inputs, and 2 digital ones, making 10 in total and 10 outputs (8 analog and 2 digital) hence the name 1010 =)

Well, they've always been pretty useless to me... I just record from mics and occasionally some MIDI, so...

Re-hashing a week-old thread, BUT - if I were to buy the Mini MBox or Micro MBox could I run protools with another interface? (Looking at the Presonus Firpod)

I want 8 ins but I can't afford the digi setup! I have no problem buying one of the smaller interfaces but would I have to use them exclusively? Cheers

Re-hashing a week-old thread, BUT - if I were to buy the Mini MBox or Micro MBox could I run protools with another interface? (Looking at the Presonus Firpod)

I want 8 ins but I can't afford the digi setup! I have no problem buying one of the smaller interfaces but would I have to use them exclusively? Cheers

I think you could track with Firepod/ another software, and inport wav files into the PT to mix using the Mbox.

Back