Pro Tools LE8 Wont Open

AMcB

Why you gotta be so mean?
Had a original mbox with pro tools le8 installed and working fine on my vista machine. I do t remember if I hadto do something special to get it to work or not. But I just bought a digi 003 and uninstalled PT and reinstalled with the cd it cam with, and now it won't open, it goes to open, but then says here was a run time error. I can't figure out what's goi g on, it was working fine. Please help!

What's the version of Pro Tools on the disc which came with the 003?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling again.

Thanks, by I've tried that. It's le8. I bought the downloadable le8 a few months ago, with my mbox. Worked fine. But then got the 003 and uninstalled everything, reinstalled from the cd. Tried to uninstall and reinstall to. The downloaded one. But the same problem. Thanks

OK give as much detail about your setup as possible to help people to help you.

When did you buy the 003? If it was in the last 30 days you will be entitled to free technical support.

I can't seem to find there phone number.... Any help there .... Thanks

I talked to them. They said my firewire card wasn't supported. I ordered a new one. I'll let you guys know if it fixes it.

One other thing to check (which you may already know) is to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 if you've "upgraded" to it. PT and IE8 don't play nicely together.

No that wasn't it. I never really figured out how to fix the problem, but it did occur after installing the sims 3. But what I did is hooked up 2 harddrives one with xp the other with vista. installed all recording stuff on xp and everything else on the vista hd. I had to waist one of my old computers with xp already installed on the sata drive, but I got this working, after 3 sleepless nights and 2 "sick" days off work.

Back