pro tools 7.3 plug-ins

dirtydoo

when i upgrading to 7.3 i lost some of my plugins in my older sessions so i ask digidesigns for help and they told me to use the new dynamics 3 pack but the eq only works in mono anybody else had this prob

I havent had this problem, Im just curious.... Have you had any errors such as CPU overload or buffer errors?

no i havent had any overloads or errors, but i finaly got in touch with someboby at digidesigns and he directed me to a url that had some of the old plug-ins like the dynamics eq 2 and thats what i needed but he could not help me on why my eq 3 is only in mono. are your new eqs in stereo

man thanks for letting me know that because the guy at digi said they were stereo to

well, technically they ARE stereo. they show up on stereo tracks, you just can only find them under multi-mono. There's a difference between multi-mono and multi-channel plugs.

well, technically they ARE stereo. they show up on stereo tracks, you just can only find them under multi-mono. There's a difference between multi-mono and multi-channel plugs.

ok i think i got you but i mainly use stereo tracks and i dont like to go thru the time switching my stereo tracks into mono tracks in my pro tools. im saving up for a waves bundle but what are some other good eq plug-ins

Uhh, you don't have to switch your stereo tracks to multi-mono... they already are. When you are selecting the plug-ins, instead of selecting from the Stereo plugins list, select the multi-mono list. Then you will see EQ3 there. It's still stereo, and it still works in stereo. I'm not sure why Digi did this, but it is no different from a processing or usage standpoint from using a stereo plugin, except that if you want to, you can do the EQ differently on each side (but this is entirely optional, and by default it is just plain old stereo).

Uhh, you don't have to switch your stereo tracks to multi-mono... they already are. When you are selecting the plug-ins, instead of selecting from the Stereo plugins list, select the multi-mono list. Then you will see EQ3 there. It's still stereo, and it still works in stereo. I'm not sure why Digi did this, but it is no different from a processing or usage standpoint from using a stereo plugin, except that if you want to, you can do the EQ differently on each side (but this is entirely optional, and by default it is just plain old stereo).

thanks for the info man

can some one tell me exactly what the practical and aural difference of stereo and multi-mono is?

multi-channel ;) The reason I keep saying to call it that because once you get into the HD/TDM world where you have surround sound, these multi-channel plugs can work in 5.1
there is no aural difference. In LE, multi-mono opens two mono plugs for each channel. Because you have two plugs on each channel, you have control over each individual channel separately. By default the L/R sides are linked, but you can unlink them and tweak to your desire.

Multi-channel opens a single plugin that processes both sides at the same time. You don't have control over separate sides.
Some plugin companies only offer multi-mono versions of their plugin...some offer both. General rule is to use multichannel when using a stereo track or higher if available. Plugins like Maxim have drawbacks to their design though....Maxim, for example can't process in 192kHz on it's multichannel version.

Back