Thread: Pro Tools 12.5 Works Fine With the DIgi 002 Rack

Thanks

Pro Tools 12.5 Works Fine With the DIgi 002 Rack

Sign in to disable this ad
    I been using le8 for years now and had always thought that because avid had ended support for the 002 , it wouldnt work with newer versions of pro tools
    So i had a session with a client saturday , and the subject came up
    I googled it and found some threads here and and other spots that ,yes
    PT12|HD does in fact work on older gear, provising you have the latest drivers
    And honestly , this new audio engine is ten times better than le ever was
    my 32bit pops and crackles are a thing of the past on this win64 system
    hd runs flawlessly
    Dj Smuv is a Producer/Dj/Booking Agent from Atlanta Ga. Check out his beats for sale on his site.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 897 Posts
    Hey,
    Glad to hear you got some good news. Thanks for sharing!
    ---------- Steenaudio Website ----------

Thanks
    Really good to hear, I've got an 002R just glaring at me. It would be nice to get a little more use out of it.
    Mixwizard 16:2 / Digi002 Rack Factory (not for long...no longer supported) /
    Mac Book Pro i7 / G5 Dual / Yorkville YSM1P's

Thanks
    Do you have any links to the articles about Digi 002 with Protools 12?

Thanks
    Trying not to sound like a whiner (but). I had a fall last year and now a quadriplegic. I can type with my thumb and operate a mouse with 2 hands. Used to play five instrument, no longer the situation. I have gotten pretty good with virtual instruments but my PT 8.04 would not hang with the load. I do not work any longer so I live on disability hens my problem about not buying a new audio interface. I was able to buy the LE to PT 12 cross grade using my digi 002. I downloaded the 002 and 003 drivers as recommended but when I powered on and started PT it would not accept the audio engine. I searched on line and found that I had to trash the preference file. So I did. The system booted up. OK now I'm happy. That happiness did not last. I began the midi setup process. After a long time I was able to get sound and recognition of my korg N364 (no usb) in a midi track but was unable to access an instrument track. I finally opened an a midi track sent it to an aux track which I opened Xpand2 and was able to assign sounds. I felt I could live with that. The next time I opened PT it would not allow the audio engine again. So here I go again, deleting the preferences file again empty trash and reboot. PT opens again. Now I have to start the midi process all over again (whew!). Really I did this many times, lost count. Are you getting tired yet? I am. So I get back on line and start searching again for help. I try loading the drivers for digi 002 PT 9.08 got worst. Does anybody out there no how to accomplish this task. My physical limitations leave me in a situation that recording and working with PT's is one of the few things I can do. Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by annaxamr; 1 Week Ago at 21:52.

Thread Information