Playback shortcut issue

rdrean

When I open a new session or one from my template its operational mode is set to playback continuous no matter what I have selected. ie...if I click somewhere and play it keeps going. If I happened to have just selected or highlighted a small waveform it will continue to play beyond that wave. This is good.

Suddenly at some point while editing I hit something that then makes it stop at the end of the selected waveform. I can not figure out how to revert back. I WANT it to keep playing from the cursor position no matter what I have highlighted or not. I can tell you that while in keyboard focus mode, "a-z" hitting "N" is not the issue. That is something different.

Make sense?

No that is a different function. I did just figure it out...

ctrl-K is for pre and post roll. Apparently I was used to having post roll ON thus giving me the continuing play after the selection.

Might help someone else but maybe not...

Thanks

The level of skill of the pro tools users on DUC is much higher.It is the site made by Digidesign. There techs get on there and help out. Also so there is no back and forth word typing fights. I use the BBS for studio design, rack questions, Sonar, acid, and questions like that. Plus the pro tools section here is fairly new. I love this website but, not for Pro tools relatated question. Their forum starts with the Le program, then list much higher end programs Like H.D., and also control desk like the icon. It is Digidesigns forum.

With that said I love all the studio stuff on this website.

The level of skill of the pro tools users on DUC is much higher.It is the site made by Digidesign. There techs get on there and help out. Also so there is no back and forth word typing fights. I use the BBS for studio design, rack questions, Sonar, acid, and questions like that. Plus the pro tools section here is fairly new. I love this website but, not for Pro tools relatated question. Their forum starts with the Le program, then list much higher end programs Like H.D., and also control desk like the icon. It is Digidesigns forum.

With that said I love all the studio stuff on this website.

I love the hard sell.
I know what the DUC is ;)

Back