No sound in Windows

Erockrazor

I mix in (2x) real-time
I wont get any sound on the internet or video games with my pro tools 003 rack on as default playback device.

BUT I do get sound when I am in Pro Tools.

Anyone know why it won't work with other programs?

Kinda frustrated, just looking for some direction.:)

Thanks, Eric

That could possibly be the problem. So the case would be that my 003 is too good for the internet...:rolleyes:

Hey,

Im running windows xp pro now on my pc. Im gonna do what you said tomorrow. Searching the internet didn't turn up any results for me. I'm glad you could help me, thanks a lot. I thought I was the only person that was having this problem and was ready to throw a conniption. Thanks again. Eric:)

While you can run Windows an a Mac, it begs the question "Why?" I'm betting it's a PC.

fair enough, but its always worth asking

Hey,

Im running windows xp pro now on my pc. Im gonna do what you said tomorrow. Searching the internet didn't turn up any results for me. I'm glad you could help me, thanks a lot. I thought I was the only person that was having this problem and was ready to throw a conniption. Thanks again. Eric:)

no problem, happy to help..curious to see if thats the issue.

While you can run Windows an a Mac, it begs the question "Why?" .

Because of people like me who started out on windows and have spent $ on plugins and then switched over to a mac, So now I record on mac and then boot over into windows to mix.

This method got my firefox working. I entered the executable file names for the video games but to no success.

Thanks again. Eric

It wont allow me to actually set it as my default audio device. It grays out the section. But it does allow me to set it as the default playback device. Hmm. We're almost there.

Glad to hear its working with firefox. I've found digi hardware (i've got a 002 and mbox1) also works with itunes and IE after editing the registry, but I haven't tried it with any games. However to quote benny

the 002 is an audio interface for Pro Tools...first and foremost. It's what it was made for. Digi doesn't sell the interfaces with the intention of their customers using them for gaming or movies on their computer. They're a recording interface company that have supported playback of other software programs (windows media player, itunes, etc). I never just automatically EXPECT my interface to work flawlessly with my third party programs. Because I didn't spend $1000+ (or in my case much much more) just so I can play Call of Duty on my computer ;)

You may have to get a cheap sound card to play your games with, because if adding the exe to the registry didn't work it may not be compatible with the third party software.

This came up in a thread not too long ago. There is also a program DIGI MME HELPER that will do the registry changes for you. I could get Itunes playback through my Digi 002 but the sound was always glitchy as hell. Firefox was real hit or miss. I couldn't ever figure out why. I ended up using my Digi strictly for pro tools and I have a cheap 2 channel Emu card for my other non Pro tools sounds. Probably not the most efficient approach but I already had the EMU.

Back