Midi Files Not Uploading

Snowman999

I have Pro Tools 6.

When I want to upload any audio file (usually exported from melodyne) it never works. So, I right click on the audio file and choose open with Pro Tools. The audio file is uploaded and everything works great.

I changed a live drum track in melodyne to a midi file. I tried the normal way (import midi to track) and the right click from the midi file. Neither one is importing the midi file.

Is there anything else I can try? I don't want to have to redo the drum part.

Good job really because you ask about a MIDI file, then say an audio file isn't uploading, when exported from melodyne - then you mention protools loading it? What a mangled explanation. Uploading in the usual context means going somewhere on the web, or to your server. You seem just to mean transferring files inside your computer? You are converting audio to MIDI, so that's quite a few bits of software that can be causing it. The fact it now works, is more worrying because you haven't solved the problem, just put it off for another day, when the sequence of events repeats.

Good job really because you ask about a MIDI file, then say an audio file isn't uploading, when exported from melodyne - then you mention protools loading it? What a mangled explanation. Uploading in the usual context means going somewhere on the web, or to your server. You seem just to mean transferring files inside your computer? You are converting audio to MIDI, so that's quite a few bits of software that can be causing it. The fact it now works, is more worrying because you haven't solved the problem, just put it off for another day, when the sequence of events repeats.

I guess because I wrote it, I still understand what I was asking.

Good job really because you ask about a MIDI file, then say an audio file isn't uploading, when exported from melodyne - then you mention protools loading it? What a mangled explanation.

The problem I needed help with was importing a midi file into Pro Tools that I exported from melodyne.

then say an audio file isn't uploading, when exported from melodyne

The audio file paragraph is an example of the way to import an audio file into Pro Tools when the audio file will not upload through "Import Audio" in the drop down list.

The reason I mentioned this, is so the reader would know I'm already familiar with the right click "open with" method. (this is how I eventually uploaded the midi file into Pro Tools)

The fact it now works, is more worrying because you haven't solved the problem, just put it off for another day, when the sequence of events repeats.

I think the problem was I wasn't exporting from melodyne correctly. There's four choices for exporting midi and I think I chose the wrong one. Years ago, when I found out melodyne took live performance and created midi files I tried it and it worked. But, I'd never used it for a song. This was the first time I wanted to use it. Not to fix performance, but change the tom sound, they are awful. It worked, sound changed. I don't foresee using this often.

Back