Microphone stops working when I open protools

mozar

Hello, I just bought Pro Tools Friday and I am slowly figuring out how to set things up. I was able to record from my microphone into Pro Tools using my Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD on Windows 10. Today I bought headphones adapter (ugreen) so I can hear what I am doing. I was able to listen to the vocal recording i made using the headphones on the behringer.

When I went to use the microphone it was gone. When I boot my computer and I haven't opened protools yet, the microphone works. When I open protools I stop receiving a signal in my device manager. It doesn't come back when I close pro tools. I have to resart, then mic works properly then i open protools, poof, it's gone.

Levels are fine, exclusive control is unchecked. I set up playback engine and i/o yesterday. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• mic line in.jpg
    mic line in.jpg
    896.9 KB · Views: 5
  • recorded vocals.jpg
    recorded vocals.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 4
Set the default device to "line in realtek audio". Pro tools cant "see" the behringer when it is the windows default device

Set the default device to "line in realtek audio". Pro tools cant "see" the behringer when it is the windows default device

Interesting! If that works that would be great. Do you have any suggestions for changing the default? I've tried disabling the Behringer but "set default" is still greyed out.

Enable the behringer. click on the line in to highlight. click on default to make line in default.

Back