Looking for users thoughts on getting later iMac for Pro Tools

Drummer Photog

I have a generic Windows machine used with Studio One. Switching to Pro Tools. Most tell me I need the fastest/most memory, etc.
Problem: $$$$.$$

I have all Mac with iPads, MacBook Air and iPhone. It makes sense to run PT on Mac.

I would appreciate others thought and the configurations used if using Mac.

Happy Recording :thumbs up:

I strongly recommend reading the compatibility documents on Avid's website as there are combinations that work and those that don't... and if you are planning on using a third party interface you need to check the compatibility there too. Also the new PT is divided into only two different versions now and the Ultimate version is very expensive so check the track count an maximum number of tracks that can record at one time of the different versions cuz there are limits depending on the version you use and the hardware you use. Macs don't usually need as much memory to run PT as windows machines but solid state drives, fast processor and reasonable amount of memory will provide best operation. See the "help us help you" section at the top of the page at duc.avid.com for links to helpful docs.

Back