I/O Greyed out on track inserts drop-down in PT11 Mac

RecordingMaster

A Sarcastic Statement
Hi there,
I am on PT 11 (trying to switch over from PT10), on a 2011 imac w/ Mountain Lion and an Echo Audiofire12 firewire interface.

It works fine in PT10, but in PT11, I can't choose from my i/o menu to, say, use a piece of outboard gear as an insert like I would use a plugin. The i/o submenu is grayed out in the inserts dropdown on any given track.

However, inputs and outputs are stll working on my interface, for example: I can choose any input of my interface on a given track to record a signal into the computer.

I've tried:
- Pressing N upon launch and selecting my interface as the soundcard
- Deleting all inputs and outputs in the i/o setup menu and restoring to defaults.

Please help! Here's a screenshot...

Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 12.22.47 AM.png

Last edited:
I've never used that but I just checked under PT12 and it gives me a list of 'inserts' rather than inputs or outputs.
I'd go to the Setup>I/O menu again and delete everything under the 'inserts' tab, the restore defaults.

I've never used that but I just checked under PT12 and it gives me a list of 'inserts' rather than inputs or outputs.
I'd go to the Setup>I/O menu again and delete everything under the 'inserts' tab, the restore defaults.

It doesn't matter how much time goes by from the last time I posted a PT question on here, it's always YOU, Steen! Thanks a million. I will try it out and see if that does the trick. I am hoping it's that easy, would be nice for a change! :o

Haha..yeah.....
I need to get out more.

Hopefully that works. If not, gimme a shout back. :)
Good luck.

No...no you don't! In this selfish world we live in, it is my belief that you are here solely to answer my questions accurately and promptly! :p

Will do! I will post my findings either way.

Fixed! Simply hitting default within the inserts tab populated my inserts and I was set. I'm so glad it was something as stupidly simple as this!

Back