Help!! Pulling track from Recovered File to Main file

fris9

Need some serious help here....when I opened my song file I noticed one small punch in track was missing...looked in audio files for it, wasn't there. Went to recovered files, there it was. How do I copy or move that small file back to where I need it? Obviously I can't open the 2 files at once to drag and like I said, the file I need isn't in the audio files. Greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys. Both of those sound like they would work, but here's the problem. I need a punched in segment of one track from the recovered file, and when I do option A (project browser) it doesn't give me the audio file. To be more specific, I need acoustic_32-22 and the only option on that is acoustic_32. When I tried the importing option it only gave me the option of importing the entire track, not just the punched segment I need (unless I'm missing something). There's gotta be a way to get that punched segment.....

Try Ctrl+I or maybe it's Ctrl+Shift+I it's one of the two. That should bring up the import audio window. In the little browser find the recovered files folder then import acoustic_32-30 or whatever; import only that region. Then put pro tools into spot mode, click on the region you just imported and it should toss it right back to where it was originally recorded.

Hope this is close to the solution

Ok, did the control+shift=I, the problem is that the audio file isn't there. I see acoustic_32, but I guess I need to know where the variations of that "acoustic_32" are put, because the one I need is labeled "acoustic_32-22". I can see it and hear it on the recovered session, but the file itself isn't anywhere to be found. I'm trying to do a screen shot and I can't seem to attach it on here.

if you see and hear the track you need....and since Im not sitting in front of your computer to see exactly what is going on...then solo the section you need and mix it down to a new file...

Never thought of that, good call. You mean as in bounce it down? If so does it matter as far as mono, stereo interleaved, etc?

Sweet.....bounced the track segments down to a wav file and then drug it over to the current session, lined it up, done. Thanks!

Back