Help

youngflo

I'm going to be getting a MXL 990 microphone and a M-Audio pre amp but I'm not sure what XLR cables to get can some help me

A lot of people would say get the more expensive ones, but honestly I have a set that I paid $12 for a xlr cable and it sounds fine to me, I have even taken my same equipment to the studio where I work and have hooked it up there with the expensive cables and still got the same sound.

Yea I need to get 3 cables to have it hooked up to the computer and all 3 together cost 30bucks....But what I need to know is if I need to get a male to female xlr cable to connect my preamp to my mic since its not a usb

I believe that would be the correct cable, best way is to look at your mic and your pre, and then go to a music store and match it up, but most are the same.

.But what I need to know is if I need to get a male to female xlr cable to connect my preamp to my mic since its not a usb

Yes, you'll need male to female. This is the standard for XLRs - unlike most other cables, they don't do male to male (most of the time!)

Back