FYI: 6.* does NOT work with intel macs...

yep, really glad I didn't know that. Another $75 just to get this shit working. This had better be worth it in the long run with Pro Tools-related jobs haha

looks like someone didn't read the required system specifications from Digi before he bought PT ;)

6.x came before Intel Macs. Most older software had problems with Intel Macs when they came out. Blame Apple. That's why I like PCs, the updates are not as dramatic every two months as Apple's are.

Haha, it's more because I was under the impression the used 002 I was getting from guitar center (my first mistake, I know haha) was coming sans-software, and thus they'd told me they would give me the software package from the 003 on display. Fortunately (or perhaps unfortunately?) it came with the original software, including said 6.9.2 PT software.

Live and learn I suppose! Just annoying to throw several grand at a rig, and have it not work ya know?

*edit: it's not like Apple changes processors every couple of months! C'mon now...

Nah, I get ya. That does suck though.

And I was just kidding about Apple updates. Although it does seem like they come out with either new software/hardware updates pretty frequently. How many updates of OSX has there been since it's release? On top of that, they have the processor changes. I'm not saying PCs haven't had processor changes as well that has hindered the use of some software...they just seem to be more minor changes. The biggest issues I've seen had been when going from single to dual or to 64 bit.

Hope the udpate works out for you though!

Good news: the Guitar Center guy came through in spades! He got in contact with the digi rep, who's giving me the 7.3 update for free! Kick ass :D

Although it does seem like they come out with either new software/hardware updates pretty frequently. How many updates of OSX has there been since it's release?
Kinda funny, I never thought people would be complaining about updates. I love having constant updates. It means that they're constantly working on ways to make things better intstead of kicking back and waiting for the next big release. It's not like we're charged for these updates or anything.

Kinda funny, I never thought people would be complaining about updates. I love having constant updates. It means that they're constantly working on ways to make things better intstead of kicking back and waiting for the next big release. It's not like we're charged for these updates or anything.

no, it's not the idea of being charged. it's the idea that they release a whole new version and then third party software programs have to make new versions in order for their product to work with the latest OS. Take Pro Tools for example. Digi has an entire compatibility chart you can download that shows which version of Pro Tools with your hardware works for which Mac OS version. Then of course users also have to worry about whether or not the OS updates are going to work on their computer.

Windows XP's only major changes? XP SP1 and SP2...and that 64 bit version that really didn't take off, IMO. We just recently got Vista after like 6 years of the same OS.

Back