Echo/Delay

RD423

I have a mbox (the original) and when i arm the tracks to record I have to turn the fader/volume all the way down or else there is a very bad echo that happens. But it doesn't record that way but it's hard recording vocals hearing an echo. Just wondering if anyone knows why this is happening. Also my friend has an mbox 2 and he has to do the same thing. But on the 002r that I use at my studio I do not have to do that, Is it the difference between the usb devices and the firewire?

I had the same thing when I had an mbox, usb has a lower transfer rate than firewire. No way around it to my knowledge, I used to just turn down the fader and get the vocalist to sing with single sided headphones

444712.jpg

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Stanton-DJ-Pro-300-SingleSide-Headphone?sku=242700

Not a big deal i just keep the fader down until playback but just couldnt figure out if its the mbox usb that makes it does that, cuz u don't have 2 on firewire. Was just curious if other users had that problem as well.

Turn the buffer down as far as you can, then use the mix knob on the mbox to tune in sufficiently of the direct sound to your heaphones. you should be able to monitor yourself just fine on your headphones.

Back