digi002 freezes when adding 8 tracks/opening session with 8+ tracks.

i've started using a digi 002 with protools 7.3 on xp, and on osx 10.4.8.

when you add a track in a fresh session, the digi 002 sends the fader for that track to zero. if you add 8 tracks, it tries,and fails,,,,and then protools looses communication with it.

i thought i'd just bare it in mind, and add tracks seperately, but apparently,if you open a session with more than 8 tracks,,,,it does the same thing.

you hear the motors click,and see the faders move about 5mm, but then it locks up,protools freezes,and u gotta restart.

i know theres probably something in the manual, but unfortunately i don't have one of those:(

hope someone can help.

thanks in advance.

eugh,,nightmare :( thanks for replying.

it just arrived off ebay,,but i've had great comms with the guy (due to customs bein nasty) and he's been more than helpful and friendly.
reason for sale, upgrade to hd, + a returns policy.

i get the impression he'd just be honest if he'd had a problem with it before,,,given that he's gona have to pay shipping two ways america to NI if i return it!

anyways,,blowin steam,,,,thanks again,

anyone else?

edit:no joy from that link. i did all that was described,and even tried the digi on my laptop with a fresh install of protools 7.3cs1 (laptops never ever seen protools) and the problem was still there.

Last edited:
just incase anyone experiences the same thing, i got it sorted.

was a loose internal connector. made sure all connectors were solidly in place, and it works a dream now :)

thanks for the feedback though people!

Back