Can you speed up half speed recording?

wreckd504

Ok, this might be straight forward but I can't work it out. Somehow I accidently recorded at half [shift + record] and now I can't get it to bounce out or to another track at full speed. Anyone know how to get a take recorded at half speed back to full speed?

You can use audio suite and pitch/time shift to speed it up 2x, I think. Can't you just switch back from half speed and it will be normal again?

Ok, this might be straight forward but I can't work it out. Somehow I accidently recorded at half [shift + record] and now I can't get it to bounce out or to another track at full speed. Anyone know how to get a take recorded at half speed back to full speed?

I didn't even know this was possible...

If you're running 7.4 or later, you can use elastic audio to speed it up.

reaper has a slider that lets you speed up or slow down the track. it does affect pitch though, but rules when you're a crappy drumber trying to learn an awesome part.

sorry, back to the OT.

Hmm I think that whatever you do to sort it out will result in it sounding strange, with odd artefacts being added. Definitely give the TCE tool a go though.

i got it back to the right speed and pitch, but it still sounded a bit odd. I ended up just re-recording it, what a strang thing to have had happen! Will be careful about shift and record from now on

Back