Avid 11 Rack issue: Tuner crashing computer

fuzzsniffvoyage

As the title suggests, when ever I try using the built in tuner in the 11 Rack, it'll work for a few seconds, then I get the oops/blue screen. If I engage the tuner in the 11 Rack editor, it's almost immediately and the tuner does not work at all. If I engage the tuner from the hardware it'll work, even while the computer is froze and rebooting.

And FYI I'm not using PT as my DAW. Using Cakewalk. (Cakewalk has a step sequencer. Can't find one in PT11)

I've tried reinstalling the 11 rack drivers and the 11 Rack editor.

*On a side note, WTF is with Avid charging to even get in to customer support?*

Any help is much appreciated.

The bluescreen (aka BSOD) only happens when Cakewalk is open, and no other DAW?

Typically this kind of failure happens due to a driver fault, and should not be able to be caused directly by an application program since it's running in user mode.

Windows version? There's some way to make sure these kinds of faults get reported back to MSFT, and if it's a supported version of the OS, they should (sooner or later) identify the driver and forwward the problem to the source. I'd guess the Avid driver, if I had to place odds.

Hmm, did some testing. Opened PT11, no issues with the tuner. Either by engaging with the 11Rack editor or pushing button on unit.
Same with DAW's closed. Still worked. Issue must be in Cakewalk. Thanks for the reply though.

Back