afraid this is a dumb question

jtskalon

Hi,
I ended up having to replace my PC. long story short, the DIGI001 PCI card doesn't fit in the new express slots. I know, short sighted on my part. I ended up getting a new FOCUSRITE 18i20. Question is, can the DIGI 001 be connected without the PCI card another way, SPDIF? some type of cable adapter? Obviously I don't understand SPDIF. I realize it's a longshot.
It's not that I have to have it. I have a Behringer ADA8200 that bumps me up to 16 tracks. Just thought if I was able to connect it, the extra tracks would be nice.
Feel free to hammer me. :)
I have tried to find an answer before bugging you guys. Haven't used Pro Tools in quite awhile and could not remember my AVID login so I came to where I have gotten help in other areas before,
Thanks,
Jack

Hi Jack,
If I remember correctly the Digi001 breakout box is powered by the PCI card so no, you wouldn't be able to use it as a standalone converter.

SP/DIF on the 18i20 it's two channel digital audio so ideal devices to connect there would be effects units or two channel mic preamps with stereo spdif rca/coaxial output.

Thank you

Hi,
I ended up having to replace my PC. long story short, the DIGI001 PCI card doesn't fit in the new express slots. I know, short sighted on my part. I ended up getting a new FOCUSRITE 18i20. Question is, can the DIGI 001 be connected without the PCI card another way, SPDIF? some type of cable adapter? Obviously I don't understand SPDIF. I realize it's a longshot.
It's not that I have to have it. I have a Behringer ADA8200 that bumps me up to 16 tracks. Just thought if I was able to connect it, the extra tracks would be nice.
Feel free to hammer me. :)
I have tried to find an answer before bugging you guys. Haven't used Pro Tools in quite awhile and could not remember my AVID login so I came to where I have gotten help in other areas before,
Thanks,
Jack

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Time to hit the FOR SALE sites!
Jack

Pleasure. :)
001 is pretty old tech now, as you know, but you might have some luck getting a sale in retro audio/gaming communities,
or just on eBay or whatever.

Back