003 rack to Mac, no audio input

Sydney

Hi!

I seem to be having trouble getting audio input (my guitar, voice, synth) from my 003 rack into my Mac (Version 10.11.1, El Capitan operating system). I believe everything else is working properly and have narrowed it down to this.

So, any thoughts? It worked perfectly in the past, before I had to upgrade from ProTools 8 to 12, and from Mac Yosemite to El Capitan.

The firewire that connects the 003 to the Mac should act like an audio input correct?

Thanks in advance for any troubleshooting hints!

Hi there,
As far as I can make out the 003 should be compatible with Protools 12 and El Capitan.
You may need a driver update, though.

Have you been here? The driver you want is on that page.

Failing that, navigate your way to system report (Apple symbol/about this mac/system report) and check under firewire to see if the hardware is physically recognised.
If it is, navigate to Audio/Midi setup (Utilities) to see if it's listed and selectable.

These are not the same thing - Please do both if installing the drivers doesn't help.

Thank you, again, Steenamaroo! I actually did have the 003 driver installed. I just wasn't setting the playback engine to the "AVID 003". I was choosing ProTools Aggregate instead.

side note: I was confused because I could hear playback when selecting ProTools Aggregate (coming out of my Mac) but could not hear playback when selecting the AVID 003 because I don't have monitor speakers, and didn't have my headphones on.

I know, pretty dumb. It's all very clear now. THANKS!!!!

Sydney,

I know I'm late but you will more than likely have to do that quite often with your setting...I have issues with mine all the time where it seems to drop the driver then I have to power off the unit then power back on and go in settings and select it again....

I'm not sure if I had that on PT 10 or not because I skipped 10, but this was definitely a recurring theme with PT9 for me.
I think versions pre 11 were designed to choose anything except your audio interface. Yeah...pretty sure that's what it was.

Steenamaroo,

Yeah I know....u stated you had that issue on PT 9, I was just stating it was an issue on PT 10 as well...

Back