You Guys are amazing!

The mix is much better. I can only make one more suggestion for future recordings... in the past, I would often use effects thinking it added to the sound, but then when I came back later and listened I always cringed. The toys are great and we all love to play with them, but recording dry and having the option to add fx is always better than recording wet and not being able to remove the fx if you realize you don't like them later. I learned the hard way. Keep gettin up man you have made a great start.

bd

bdbdbuck said:
in the past, I would often use effects thinking it added to the sound, but then when I came back later and listened I always cringed. The toys are great and we all love to play with them, but recording dry and having the option to add fx is always better than recording wet and not being able to remove the fx if you realize you don't like them later. bd

I was not able to hear the song that was posted, so my comments are not on that, but only the guoted text above...

Anyway I totally concur. I think effects should not be noticeable to the listener. One can enhance sound in a way that has a subtle impact without being blatantly obvious, and ultimately gimmicky and tiresome. I happen to think the effects on the VF80 are quite good (some more useful than others), but the key is not to overuse them. A touch of reverb here and there can make a world of difference, while remaining transparent to the casual listener.

Last edited:
Back