whats stuff do you have setup with your mr8?

Hi,

I use keyboards, keyboards, and more keyboards! Lol...:)

Pics from left to right: YAMAHA Motif6, KORG X3 above it.

Next pic Behringer UB1002,Zoom effects box (That I rarely use anymore), MR-8, TDK Stand alone CD Burner, Cheap Nady Mic SP-9.

Next pic I use PC for every thing else:Cakewalk, added effects, final mix down etc...

Oh yeah, and KEYBOARDS!!!!!

Attachments

• gearmr8.jpg
    gearmr8.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 198
ok here we go

mr8, peavey 12 channel pa, behringer 2 channel pa (phantom power) rack rider 31 band eq, peavey 31 band fls eq, behringer 2 channel compressor, phonic digital effects, yorkville 1200 power amp, mains and monitor, mxl 990 condensor mic, two shure sm 58, 4 shure sm 57, yamaha keys, fender precision or jass basses, peavey bass amp, fender bass amp, fender strat, tele gibson goldtop, johnson guitar station, 7 peice drum kit. all mixed down to computer using n trac software, ....

Geesh, that's quite a list! Mine is much more humble than yours, but oh well...

Mackie 808M, Zoom (RT-3??) drum machine, SM58, SM57, SPB1, a couple of nameless-bastard mics, ancient bastard-keyboards (2), Ibanez RGseries guitar, Epiphone baseball bat series guitar, Kramer been-through-a-wall-and-still-plays guitar, (1) wish-it-was-anything-else-other-than-a-Crate-amp, Ampeg VT120, peavey 4X12,

all lovingly regurgitated onto my computer and mixed down into finely polished turd form (N-track).

working on pix

my poor list......

Fostex MR-8 (upgraded 256 card)
Tascam 424mkII

MXL V63MBP (battery or phantom powered Condensor Mic)
4) cheaper brand dynamic mics

2) Phillips CDR 720 stand alone CD recorders
1) Marantz dual cassette deck
Behringer 2442 pro console
Behri dual 31 band graphic eq
Yamaha dual 31 band graphic eq
Behri Tube T1951 dual 4 band parametric EQ
Behri VX2000 channel strip (mic pre-compressor-eq)
Behri dual channel compressor
Behri 2024 effects
24 point patchbay

Alesis Monitor 1 (passive)
Memorex corner speakers
Bose 201 speakers
Techniques surround speakers
2) generic stereo amps
1) radio-shack line mixer

LAB series 60W guitar amp
Digitech RP-5 guitar processor

Samick "Royale" semi hollow 6 string
Hondo "Fame" electric 12 string
Martin-Sigma acoustic 12 string
Epiphone SG 4 string Bass
concertmate MIDI keyboard
Alesis SR-16 drum machine
2) Danelectro effects

3) 8 ch x 20' recording snakes
about a hundred other cables xlr, 1/4", and RCA

for fun:
stereo bi-amped pa system with 15" subs and 12"low,10"mid and 3 tweeters per side @ 600W (yeah, it's kinda small, but it works)

2) floor monitors (powered by radioshack mono amp)
1) self powered mic stand mount monitor

1) 4' free standing rack mount
1) tabel top 10 space rack
1) Gator PA rack (for mixer, and 1 eq)

Capitol Records it aint.....but as "toys" go, it's fun

Hmmf!

I was gonna post my list of stuff but after seeing radiorickm's list It just feels pointless. I guess I' just being an Eoar. Oh but I do have an MR8! ;)

paganprogress said:
I was gonna post my list of stuff but after seeing radiorickm's list It just feels pointless. I guess I' just being an Eoar. Oh but I do have an MR8! ;)
I don't have much either. I do occasionally use my Tascam 4-track to mix guitars and my drum machine. It's not programmable, so I drop the faders where I want the fills to go in, and play the pads later on. Cheezy, but on my budget, it works. I have a no-name dynamic mic with a stand, and my guitars and bass. That's it, but I hope to be in the mix with a real home studio set up when I grow up, or is that old?

equipment

it doesnt really matter what you have, use what you have, its taken me years of giging out to buy all that stuff, enjoy your music, gear will come along.....

now now

paganprogress said:

hey folks.......

i just 'fessed up to creating a BEHRINGER/RadioShack lowest dollar i could find studio.

dont let that stop you from listing your stuff.

I just played with things till i learned what it did, then i bought a new thing...

i have been collecting for a while...(one guitar i have had since 1980)

The other thing, is that i made a conscious and planned decision not to use a computer for personal reasons. Therefore, when i wanted to know what in the hell a compressor did.....i bought one.

So, the hardware looks kinda long, but you probably have the same or better stuff in your software packages.

the important thing is to learn to use what you have.

stuff

Actually I have been selling off some of the gear I no longer used because I needed the space.
I have:

MR8 The little red machine
Sony stand alone CD recorder
Behringer Autocom compressor
Behringer Virtualizer Pro effects processor
Behringer UB 802 mixer
Teac dual cassette
Zoom Rythmtrack drum machine RT-123
MXL 990 Condenser mic
AKG C 1000 S condenser
1 old Shure mic
1 old Norelco mic by AKG
Roland Juno 2 synth
Kawai Keyboard (49 key) rarely used now
Digitech Vocalist Performer
EM Easy Midi 100
Zoom Gm 200 Amp Simulator
Supro 1616T Amp (had advertised it for sale but changed my mind)
Quantum Stereo Guitar Amp (cheap, kinda cheesy) rarely used now
Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man (analog echo/ delay) rarely used now but excellent for guitarist, quiet.
Pioneer SX-626 stereo receiver with 2 Audio Lab speakers (monitoring)
Fender Strat
Gibson "The Paul" Mahogany
Gibson J45 (OLD and ROUGH) but sounds sweet
No Name Banjo
Rogue Mandolin
Martin JM (Jumbo Mahogany) Acoustic
Takamine EG280C Electirc/ Acoustic
Cad Pop Filter
Various cheap Harmonicas ( caution, the cheap ones aren't always tuned right)

I would add a pic but I'd need to set everything up. My space is too small. Nothing is state of the art but it does a decent job. I have gotten some very good sounding recordings and some not so good. Operator error! I'm still learning the art of engineering, mic placement, etc.

Last edited:
cellardweller said:
Mackie 808M, Zoom (RT-3??) drum machine, SM58, SM57, SPB1, a couple of nameless-bastard mics, ancient bastard-keyboards (2), Ibanez RGseries guitar, Epiphone baseball bat series guitar, Kramer been-through-a-wall-and-still-plays guitar, (1) wish-it-was-anything-else-other-than-a-Crate-amp, Ampeg VT120, peavey 4X12,
all lovingly regurgitated onto my computer and mixed down into finely polished turd form (N-track).

I forgot a couple of minor things, so what the he77.

Yorkville YSM1P active nearfields
Yuan Quin (sp?) 4/4 violin
"?" Mueller 3/4 violin
generic 3/4 violin
(2) JBL cab's w/15'' and horn
(4) panels of 4'' thick rigid fiberglass, straddling all corners of my congested cellar abode...
(1) wall of gorilla guitar amplifiers... :D
digitech "metal machine" -crappiest sounding distortion ever, but the reverse reverb is kinda cool.

(1) hallway of abysmally eternal echoing reverb

and that is EVERYTHING folks!!!

As long as we are on a roll....

I have two small guitar amps that I use:

Crate 25 watt with amazingly saturated distortion

Yamaha 10 watt practice amp ('twas a gift....)

I found a Roland stereo (how, it only has one speaker?) keyboard amp that works great for a different approach to bass

My bass is an ESP B-205 with active pickups. Yeah, it's a five string. You know the saying, "Once you go 5, you don't go back!"

My drums are accomplished the cheezy way, with a Yamaha DD-55 drum pad, or my keyboard, which is midi that I don't understand or use. I record as I said before, and use drumagog when I get everything on the computer.
My setup is simple, but it does what I need for right now. Maybe someday... :rolleyes:

I also use a Zoom bass pedal when I record to the Fostex mr8. I love it, and I've used it live with great results. I played through this guy's Gallien Krueger and was instantly in love with that, but can't buy one yet. Not having Donald Trump's money really sucks!

Say, I wonder if The Donald needs a boot licker? That's gotta be worth a good penny....

Thought I'd chime in cause I've never really laid it all out on paper before:

MR8 (Portable and still my best interface between the tracks and the PC's)
VF-16 - "Mmmmmmmmmm" :)
Tascam 644 Midi Studio
Alesis MMT Midi Sequencer
OpCode 8 Channel Midi Merge
Behringer Composer 2100 Compressor
Proteus 1 Digital Sound Module
Fender Squire Guitar
Dean Edge 1 Bass Guitar
Casio CTK 640 w/ MIDI
Crate 8 channel PA/mixer (with phantom power)
Small 10" Crate PA speakers
AMD 266 PC w/ 256 RAM - Audacity, CD Burner, Internal ZIP 100
Gateway P4 2Gig Laptop w/ 512 RAM - Cakewalk Home Studio '02
Compaq P133 Laptop w/ Win98 (for those applications that don't like Win2K)
Iomega External 52x CD Burner
Iomega 1 Gig SCSI Jaz
Iomega SCSI ZIP 100
Iomega Parallel ZIP 100
Shure SM58
Audio Technica P615
Roland TD-5 VDrums

Pics and stuff and junk (including some in-the-works songs) can be seen here :
http://www.willapabay.org/~dave/janetsvice/

Back