Thread: What should i buy?

Thanks

Wink

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi there!

I am just a new comer in Home recording. I found your website great. By the way,I am planning to buy an 8 track digital recorder and i decided to buy fostex FD 8. My question is what other equipments must i but in order for this machine to work and also to make my recording sound great. I am aware mics, effect is a must. do i need an amplifier in order for it to work and what other things are needed to complete my recording set up.
    That's all.

Thanks

Thanks

Lightbulb

Hi
    I know that Fostex for one has powered monitors and I also believe that Alesis has powered monitors as well. I don't know avout the Freq. response of them or even what they have as far as power and what they have loaded in them. I use an Alesis RA 100 with a pair of monitor one along with a pair that I designed and built. I would go with a pair of 3 ways to cover the range better, 2 ways are too limited.
    I like my FD-8 except for having only 2 XLR inputs, but I have a 16 channel board to help with that. I would also check into an EQ too because, for me anyway, the EQ the Fostex has onboard really doesn't cut it.
    More Later!
    Steve/Stank

Thread Information