What the Heck??? "Bounce Mode" & "Scene Map" mutally exclusive??!!

jfrog

uber-nerd
What the Heck??? "Bounce Mode" & "Scene Map" mutally exclusive??!!

When recording on my vf-08, I often set up scenes (for fader positions, pan, effect settings, etc.) and us the scene map to switch between them during the song. It works great. I typically record from tracks 1-6 to my external CD burner.

Last night I needed more track space, so I went into "bounce mode" to bounce tracks 1 - 6 to 7&8. Whenever I turned "bounce mode" on, "scene map" mode went off!

Is there a way to use both?

Jfrog, that is too bad that can't be accomplished. I am making great demos on my VF08, but no Cd burning yet. What I wanted to ask the forum users about...is what is the easiest setup for this finalization to CD. Are external burners quicker, or is sending it to the computer then burning better, or biting the bullet and getting the SCSI card and Plextor burner best? I am going to try the scene map thingie today. I know that if we keep exchanging ideas, our learning curves will straighten out and better demos will be made. Keep observations coming! Psongman

psongman said:
What I wanted to ask the forum users about...is what is the easiest setup for this finalization to CD. Are external burners quicker, or is sending it to the computer then burning better, or biting the bullet and getting the SCSI card and Plextor burner best? I am going to try the scene map thingie today. Psongman

The scene map is a great tool (except when in bounce mode :( ) If you want to change how a channel is panned in the middle of a song, or add an effect at a certain point, you just store the settings in the scene you want, then map the scenes (so they occur at the right place in the song) I also use it to store fader settings, although I currently have it set up so that I adjust them manually - but I can tell where I need to adjust them to. In short, it automates a lot of things and saves a lot of tedious note-taking (before I was writing all my fader setting down - that got old fast)

I have an external CD burner that I write to. Mostly what I've done is recorded on 6 - 8 tracks and output the song to the burner from the s/pdif outputs. Doing that, I can still use the scene map. It's a pretty simple process.

I just happened to run out of tracks the other day & had to bounce some tracks to combine them. That's when I discovered Fostex's dark secret of not being able to use the scene map & bounce simultaneously.

jfrog

Back