VF80 latest discovered feature...

billisa

Alright, I know I sound like a big kid. Because I am. But I've just started using the "fader recall" feature on the VF80. Now, I can't imagine ever not using it. Say, you mixdown tracks 1-6 onto 7/8 for a master... Then let's say after a week of hearing the CD you decide to tweak the mix a bit. No problem. With the fader recall button the display shows you EXACTLY where each fader was when it was saved in the memory, so you can tweak from there instead of kinda guessing from the track sheet where the faders where. You can also have up 99 "scenes" in a given song to take care of fader changes through as the song progresses...

I suppose everyone's been doing this for months, but if not, then start. It's as easy as can be, and it's so helpful. Great machine.

Funnily enough Bill, I was looking at just this earlier today. For the first time (spooky again:) ).

In my case I was trying to work out why the thing was only outputting from the left out. The little bar over the R output indicator was not showing, only the L one was and I only got one side through my headphones. All the pans were central so I was looking to see if there is a "master" balance control I may have inadvertently displaced.

Anyway, there isn't, I hadn't, the R output bar has stopped working but the output was fine as I realised when I discovered after two hours that the R input jack into the headphone has come out.

Back