Transferring from PC to MR-8

gospel

I've transferred wav files from a CD on my PC to the MR-8 with no problem. I've even transferred files that were not made with the MR-8 to the MR-8 with no problem.
So now for some reason I can't transfer tracks made with the MR-8 back to my PC? I did change the names of the tracks after putting them in my computer. I changed them back to the original names but that didn't work. I'm using wavmanager. Oh yeah, I'm also trying to transfer them back to the same song file they came from. Anyone have any ideas??

Are you saying you can't get them to load back to the computer, or can't get them back into the MR8 from the computer?

bd

Yeah, I know I've mixed myself up too. I mean back to the MR-8 from the computer. When you sent me the tracks to King's Gold I zipped them things on the MR-8 with no problem. Now I can't get some tracks that I have on my computer back to the MR-8??

I just thought of something else. How did you have those tracks named?

However they came off the MR8, I really don't recall.....I have never re-named any files. I have yet to move a file from pc to MR8, so I really don't have the experience. Maybe you should re-examine the file names though. It could be just a dot in the wrong place or something simple.

bd

Gospel, I had this problem with my files when I transferred tracks to my pc. I renemed them, and then couldn't get the MR8 to read them when I moved them back to the MR8. My guess is that you'll have to rename them in a form that the MR8 will recognise. For example; mr8001 and so on. This machine is really moody with this issue. You may even have to get the exact number that was originally on the file to be what it was when you transferred to the pc. I suspect that the original mix folder may be important here. Someone like mrx may have the answer to this one, he seems to have a clue as to what the purpose of those word files that that transfer with the wave files actually is. I hope you solve this one rapidly. Good luck.

Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do, just go back to tr01, tr02, etc. I have them named in My documents on my pc so I can keep up with them. It won't be hard to change them I left the track # the same and just put a couple of letters in front of it (OutBr01).

What I do now is make a copy of the file that I transfer over to the computer, and then play around with that in my editing software. This means I can label the tracks according to their particular instrument and not worry about having problems when moving the original back to the MR8.

morindae said:
What I do now is make a copy of the file that I transfer over to the computer, and then play around with that in my editing software. This means I can label the tracks according to their particular instrument and not worry about having problems when moving the original back to the MR8.

Thanks alot. My wife says I have a problem with organization so I need all the help I can get.
By the way, did you ever check out the dell outlet site. I was looking on there the other day for a friend. You no longer click on "dell outlet" you click on "reburbished systems". After looking for my friend I almost got sick. They have even better prices now. They had a P4 2.2ghz, 256DDR, 40gig HD for $439 (monitor not included).

Yes Gospel, I went to the Dell site as you recomended, and they do have some attractive options. I am trying to decide if I should put a computer together myself that is made just for recording, or to buy a Dell. I really would like to go all computer at some point just to cut down on the leads and wires. I'm in no rush because I still haven't got a handle on the MR8 and my present PC.

Back