Song recorded on VF-16

Tim i liked your song,

I am a mainly a drummer that likes to record and I will have to say that I only listened
at the lowest level but I was impressed with the drum sound you got, very nice
One of the better drum sounds I have heard from a home studio.

I like the mix you did with everything I guess if I had to nit pick I would say I
did not like the sound of the acoustic in the song, For me it was just a little to dark

Im guessing you used the oktavas for the acoustic guitar? If you did next time I would
try maybe the 4033 and see if that works better.

Thanks Herm!

Herm,

I appreciate your listening to the song and giving me some feedback. Thanks for the compliment on the drum sound. I really learned a lot about selecting great sounding but very reasonably priced drum mics from others like Harvey Gerst. I usually use a 57 on the snare, which sounds even better than the RS 33-3032. Next time I will try another microphone on the acoustic. The AT 4033 that I have is borrowed (so I'm not sure how long I will have it). I did recently purchase a CAD M37 which performs very well so I'll try that one too. Now, I have to research monitors. I did all of the mixing on "Katie's Song" using four different headphones :o) - Let me know if you have any opinions about good and inexpensive monitors. Also, let me know if you have recorded anything that I can check out - love to listen!

Tim

Back