Recording 4 Tracks simultaneously on DMT-8VL

I can't seem to record 4 tracks at the same time with my DMT 8VL. Is this because my DAT that is sending the digital signal is a Sony, not a Fostex? I have never been able to figure it out.

On the DTM8VL you got go DG in the setups menue to receive a digital signal from a dat.

[Edited by Ralphyboy on 09-14-2000 at 08:05]

I looked in the manual..{page 74}...Optical out of the dat data in to the DTM8 ..then set the dat to {record pause}Then you can use the left and right analog inputs of the dat to hookup your preamp or your board to for those two extra tracks ...also it does not mention this but you should proboly set the dat analog input...Remember that you still have to set a {dg in}....step 1 press the DISP SEL key to select "setup" and press the EXECUTE/YES key..."SETUP" will light up..Then turn the JOG dial to select the blinking "dg in"...Then press the EXECUTE/YES key again"L" on the display will blink..Use the Shuttle dial to select blinking "L" and turn the Jog dial to 1..Now you will be recording on track 1...Now use the Shuttle dial to select a blinking "R" turn the Jog dial to 2 now you will be setting your second track..Now press the EXECUTE/YES key again...Then press the EXIT/NO key and you are good to go...The page in the manual is 128 for a clearer explanation .......Good Luck

Back