Re: Help With My Fostex DMT 8VL

Alvin

Re: Help With My Fostex DMT 8VL

I have posted here before with grweat success so here goes again. I put a metradome on track 8 long time ago. Now I want to erase it. How do I do this ? Sure hope it is possible. thanks in advance for any repleys...Alvin

I don't have my DMT-8 or my manual in front of me, but my first guess is that you'll have to go into setup mode and turn the metronome off. I don't think the metronome beeps are actually recorded as audio data on the track, so I don't think you can record over it unless you turn it off. I haven't really used the metronome much (I usually lay down pre-programmed percussion tracks or a click track from my MIDI gear first), so I'm not sure.

I think you have to press "DISP/SEL" (or similar) a couple times until SETUP lights up in the display. Then press "YES/SELECT" (or similar) to get into setup mode. You can then use the inner part of the jog/shuttle wheel to find the metronome function and will probably be using YES/SELECT again to turn it off. Again, I'm really not sure off the top of my head.

If I can remember to do it, I'll check my machine out tonight and have a look.

Good Luck,

OB

Back