problems erasing tracks on the Mr-8

sicvita

Ok, this is probably a simple problem and I'm just over looking something; while recording a new track I ran out of space on my card, so I went back to erase a track I didnt need anymore to make room, and it said that it erased the track, yet it still says that there's 0:00 time remaining on my card. The track is gone as far as I know, it is not audible, but it didn't release any time back to my card, whats going on here?

memory

thats it, as of now anything you do on the mr8 is stored in memory, for undo purposes. So yo have to "delet unused" every so often,

i heard here the new version of the software changes that, but i always wait for a bit when new versions come out so the bugs get worked out first......

Fostex has just posted a software update for the MR-8 -- v.1.11. It addresses this problem. It is controllable by a new Auto Delete option on the System menu.

As Dave in toledo said, it's never a bad idea to wait for the bugs to be worked out...

The whole "delete unused" does get tiresome, not to mention the delicate nature of the press pads on the MR8, so choose your evil.

use pc

irrelivent, the files are still on the card until you "delete unused". if you look at your card through a card reader you will still see the files are still there even though you have erased the tracks

dave in toledo said:
irrelivent, the files are still on the card until you "delete unused". if you look at your card through a card reader you will still see the files are still there even though you have erased the tracks
This is correct, You must go through the menu>song>delete unused>rec+yes

You should then see your time extend.

Back