Problem uploading WAV files to MR-8 -- Help!

shregus

I just got a red Fostex MR-8. I'm having trouble uploading files from my computer to the Fostex MR-8. I downloaded the WavManager from Tefyn's post in putting wav files onto mr-8.

I can use the WavManager to export tracks, but I can't get the uploaded WAV file to play back. I've got it to be 1 track, 44.1 Hz and 16 bit as directed in the read-me file. I feel like I'm close to having this figured out. It's probably something really simple since I'm not familiar with the MR-8 yet. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited:
I realized WAV manager never recognized the MR-8 as anything more than a removable disk, which was why I failed to upload music onto a specific track. When looking into the updates, they are all for the Mr-8HD. If all I have is a plain old MR-8 does that mean that I don't have the ability to update the software? Does that also mean I can't upload any music from my computer to the device? If so, I'm pretty bummed out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Finally found the update through homerecording in a post by DiggityDude from a thread that starts "I dug out my red Mr-8 and need latest firmware"

Did you (or anyone else) end up solving this? I've been tearing my hair out trying to solve this for about 8 hours now. My Mr-8 (red version) simply won't recognize any files I transfer to it, whether software update or audio files through Wave Manager.

Back