My FD 8 Hanged. Don't know the cause

choy

Hi there!!!! Guys i need your help. I use an internal drive installed. My FD 8 hanged when i stop the recorder after finishing what i'm recording. The wait signal is slow and i think it took 8 to up seconds to stop accessing. The result of the recorded parts is skipping of sounds. Does anyone encountered this problem. I need your help very badly. Thanks in advance.

Choy

hi there. Im not really sure about the cause of the problem but i think the internal drive is the !*####!*problem. the disk hanged. the recorded parts skips, repeats. But the biggest problem is that there is no fostex service here in Manila so im going to wait for someone from my relatives to go to US so i get send this useless machine to where it belong. However, is there any means to fix this problem w/o sending it back? If i assumed the problem is the internal hard drive can i substitute a 250 zip drive to replace The IDE. Will it work normally like before eventhough the shitty IDE is still installed. Again, I need your help, expertise, opinion. Thanks.

The desperate artist from manila:

Choy

Sorry Man,

I really dont know what to tell you. My external Zip 250 has never given me a problem. But sometimes when I use the punch in/punchout footswitch my FD-8 will hang up aswell. If I unplug the footswitch and restart the unit it runs fine

Thanks Jim, Im going to buy Iomega 250 tomorrow. I hope it can solve the problem, if not im in big trouble. By the way i'm very curious about the internal HD so i open the unit. surprizingly, the HD was made here in my country, Phillipines. . I don't know if it's credit for my country but for my experience it's not because i only use the FD 8 for a month then the HD hanged. That's all sir . tell you soon what happen if i already have my zip drive

Choy

Back