Thread: Mixdown via soundcard st Line in

Thanks

Unhappy

Sign in to disable this ad
    I finally got a song done on the FD-8 with a real band (before i'd only done stuff with me and drum machine)

It was hard to get the noise down and the levels right, but I think it's pretty good.

Now the mixdown is another thing altogether.
    I got it to where i can get seperate left and right onto a wave file, but I get a bit of noise.
    Am i using the right output? I'm plugging RCA to 1/8" from the ST out in back of the Fostex to my ST line in on my sound card. I have no S/PDIF capability.
    I fiddled with the levels for a couple hours last night, and couldn't get it to sound as good as it does from 'phones coming straight from the monitor jack.
    What am i doin?
    Love, Phillybean

Thanks
    I am no expert in this, but I have made cd's this way from my FD4. I had trouble using 'line in,' too. I think my level was low. I took a chance and plugged it into my computer's mic input instead, and it sounded great. I don't know if I am risking having too hot a level coming in using mic, or if there is any danger to my computer or sound card if that is the case. It worked well for me, though.

Thanks
    Thank you for replying. I don't know about you, but my mic input is monaural, and i have some pan in my tracks that i don't want to get rid of.
    That's ok, it turns out i just needed some practice in mixdown.
    Love, Phillybean

Thread Information