midi timecode and fd4

daisyworld

does anyone have a problem getting the fd4 to send or recieve mtc/mmc between the fd4 and a pc?
i have been syncing midi to tape for years with no problems but this has got me fooled...
it seems to be setup ok but there it no communication at all between them
i use cakewalk and a sb live! card om the pc

At first, I did. What I discovered is that I had to set my sequencer to midi sync and then hit the SEQUENCER'S play button. Then when I hit play on the FD-4, it would start the sequencer. Also, you are able to set a preroll (a pause, basically) on the FD-4 to give you time to hit play and then get your hands on an instrument to play befor the FD-4 triggers the sequencer. So you may want to check your preroll and see if it is set for a unusually long time. Otherwise, my sync function has done just fine.

Peace, Jim

thanks for your reply! - i now have synchronisation but guess what - although i assumed that holding the 'record' button down while starting the sequencer would start recording on the fd4 - it doesnt. no matter what.....i almost yearn for the happy dys of an a8 and my trusty old alesis mmt8....at least you could stripe a track with timecode!
yours in synch.....

Back