Midi sequencer with a FD-8?

mad_j

Hi Dudes,

I just purchased an FD-8 and I want to utilize the midi capabilities it has. I have never messed around with the midi stuff but I am ready to get started. Can I plug a midi sequencer into it? If so, what kind is the best for the FD-8. I would like to go with a sequencer that could be used in live performances. Would it be best to use my computer as a sequencer or should I get a hardware sequencer?

Confused
John

You state that you want to use your sequencer during live performance. Do you have a laptop? If not, any computer based sequence will require you to move your computer. this is obviously inconvenient. Now with a laptop, now you have portability. Otherwise, you are going to have to get a dedicated sequencer. Boss and Roland make some nice ones. I used to own a Brother (yeah, the typewriter and sewing machine company) that I really liked--wish I still had it (for the portability). I sold it for sequencing software and a Roland MPU-401 (computer card and hookup box needed for the computer). Now, the computer screen is great for eye eaze. I use Cadenza (I think they are out of business) and it works great with my FD-4. E-magic looks real good as does their Micro-Logic? sequencer (you can get a demo off C-Net). Long answer that may not have answered your problem. Hope I gave you food for thought.

Peace, Jim

Back