micing drums on FD8

choy

Hi there! just want to ask how can i mic a drum on FD 8. I know there are only 2 inputs of mic and it's channel 7 and 8. Micing a drum will take 2 to 3 mics. Is it possible? If it can be obtain,is there any room for micing a vocals? If there's a way how will i do it? Thanks in advance....

Choy

Choy, if you're using multiple mics (3 or more) to record drums on the fd8 use the mixer part of the machine, loZ (mic cables), on channels 7 and 8, and hiZ (1/4 in.) inputs on channels 1 thru 6, or however many mics you will be using for the kit. The fd8 only records on two trcks simultaneously, so assign 2 trcks. to record, turn all your switches to input, set recording levels, and monitor the 2 trcks you've assigned to record. Mix to taste, season lightly, enjoy.

Choy,

You can also use a mixer, mix the drum mics down to an input of the Fostex. At least that way, you can use all the mics you need and get a decent mix, plus, they will all be on one Fostex track.
Good Luck
Later
Bruce

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by choy:
Hi there! just want to ask how can i mic a drum on FD 8. I know there are only 2 inputs of mic and it's channel 7 and 8. Micing a drum will take 2 to 3 mics. Is it possible? If it can be obtain,is there any room for micing a vocals? If there's a way how will i do it? Thanks in advance....

Choy
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back