Importing songs from PC to MR-8-possible?

Mons

Hey all. Here's the deal: I converted a song into a .wav file on the MR-8. I then imported it to my PC and deleted it on the MR-8. The problem is, I recorded the song (single track acoustic guitar) with the Pan to the hard left by mistake. What I would like to do is:
1)Import the wav file back to the MR-8
2)Change the recording where the pan is right in the middle of the R and L
3)Export it back to my PC
Can this be done?
Thanks

Using a USB connection and wave manager, just make sure the wave file is mono and named tr01.wav (or whichever track you want to re-record on) and send her back to the MR-8. Shouldn't be a problem at all from the sounds of it...

Dave G

mr8

file also has to be 16 bit 441 sampling rate,

if you are going to mix on the pc, it doesnt matter, the wav file does not contain the data for panning. That data is only transfered if you mix the file down on the mr8, which you do not want to do if mixing on the pc, that can be fixed in the mixing software....

at least it can in the software i use, n track.....

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, guys.
How would I go about converting the file, once it's on the MR-8, to be evenly panned between L and R instead of its current status of hard L?

Does the wav file need to be mono first? There are plenty of free-ware music converters that will do that for you...

????????

there are converters that take a track that has been panned and center it,,,,,,

which converter....as i understand it that is not the purpose or function of a "file converter" to convert files from one format to another, i use db poweramp music converter

Last edited:
Back