Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you like your FD-8?

Thanks

Question

Sign in to disable this ad
    I'm thinking of getting one. Any problems? Did you get the internal HD? Tell me everything!

thanks

Thanks

Wink

hi. im actually selling my fd-8. you can see it in the classifieds section of this bbs. im willing to negotiate on the price. i love the machine i just think im ready to upgrade to more tracks. email me if youre interested

thanks

Thanks

Cool

Hi. FD 8 is a fine recorder but if i were u i will not buy it it with a built in hard drive. I bought it with a built in hD before and after a month my HD crashed, hanged and broke. now i use a 250 iomega zip drive seems to work out fine. that's all. good luck

choy

QUOTE]Originally posted by pitchfork:
    I'm thinking of getting one. Any problems? Did you get the internal HD? Tell me everything!

thanks
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks

Wink

Hey Pitch,

I have the FD-8 with the 250 Zip drive and I really like it. So far I have had no problems and I really like to recordings I have made. The only downfall is that you can only record two tracks at once. If you need that I would maybe reccomend the Yamaha MD-8. If not you can't beat the price of the Fostex.

Thanks

Wink

I have had one for about a year and am generally happy with it. Good, clean recording sound, pretty simple to use. Sometimes it hangs up on me quite a lot but I suspect it might be the external harddrive I use with it. Editing/arranging capabilties I think are limited, not for lack of features, but because of the interface, especially when comparing it to a computer based setup. I have been looking to incorporate it with my computer and have been somewhat frusrated in trying to find the appropriate interface.

Thanks

Wink

thanks everyone!
    keep the comments coming. I'm interested in hearing from anyone who got the internal HD...sounds like one person had trouble. Maybe the 250 zip is the way to go.

Thanks

Cool

Hi again; Want to share again my HD experience. I never knew before what really went wrong with my FD, i thought my FD 8 is the problem so i panic because there is no service center of Fostex here in the philippines. But due to curiosity i open the FD 8 to look for the HD and I was shocked when i found out that the HD was made here. i never expected that. So i asked toshiba philippines about the HD and sad to hear that it's already been obsolete. i expected that the HD was made in Japan, or taiwan but only to find out it was made here.

Thanks

Question

so if I went and got one tomorrow it would be that same HD?

Thanks

Cool

I can't assure you of that but in my own experience i got it. Maybe you can ask Fostex first about the HD their going to install in the FD8.

Thanks

Question

was there a make or model or something?

Thread Information