hard drive to zip

dave clarke

I have recorded two tracks of music on to the hard drive of my fostex FD4, ( this was before I realised you were supposed to link it up to a zip drive) Is there any way I can now put that recording on to a zip disc (which I now have) in order to manipulate the material, ( reverb fade outs etc) or will I have to re-record the music using the scsi zip set up?
This would mean getting musicians back in which I don't really want to do, also I quite like the recording and want to keep it if possible to get a demo CD out of it.
Any advice appreciated,
Dave C

[This message has been edited by dave clarke (edited 07-14-2000).]

Dave,

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is to either use the optical out port to get the tracks on to a computer or use the stereo outputs and go into your sound card's line in. Can't go from the hard drive to zip. The connection of the zip takes over for the recording outputs.
Good luck
Bruce

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dave clarke:
I have recorded two tracks of music on to the hard drive of my fostex FD4, ( this was before I realised you were supposed to link it up to a zip drive) Is there any way I can now put that recording on to a zip disc (which I now have) in order to manipulate the material, ( reverb fade outs etc) or will I have to re-record the music using the scsi zip set up?
This would mean getting musicians back in which I don't really want to do, also I quite like the recording and want to keep it if possible to get a demo CD out of it.
Any advice appreciated,
Dave C
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back