Fostex VF160EX--Track "ghosting"

lcbullock

I realize that Fostex pretty much is a dinosaur tech but I do have a question. I have a VF160EX (with built in CD burner) and I am having a problem.

One of my tracks is playing back with a ghostlike quality. It sounds like there's a bit of something there, but not really. It is not because I've sent the signal to the effects module as it was previously there and I did a mix internally that had it there. Is there some button that I have perhaps inadvertanely hit that has caused the track to do this?

It's annoying and it was a very good vocal take. If I have to I will re-record it, but I am coming to this forum to see if there is a person out there who has encountered this problem.

I know it's a long shot, and thanks to anyone who might have an idea.

cheers

Lawrence Bullock

I don't have experience with the VF160 specifically, but just troubleshooting ideas:
- Does the scrubbing mode show activity in the track where expected? If not, then the data just isn't there.
- If there's clearly data on the track, try swapping the it with another one that is functioning as expected. Does the "ghosting" remain on the same track or does it follow the swap?

Thanks

I don't have experience with the VF160 specifically, but just troubleshooting ideas:
- Does the scrubbing mode show activity in the track where expected? If not, then the data just isn't there.
- If there's clearly data on the track, try swapping the it with another one that is functioning as expected. Does the "ghosting" remain on the same track or does it follow the swap?

Thanks. I'll try that.

--lb

Back