Fostex FD-4 info please.

NLAlston

Hello,
I am a fledgling composer who constructs all music on a QY700 music sequencer, and am looking into a digital recorder to serve for my vocal tracks. As I do all my own vocals I won't need the capability for simultaneous track recording, and it seems as though the FD-4 might be the cheapest way to go for my application. Does the FD-4 accept MIDI data as recordable info, and/or can the unit be synced with an external sequencer for the purpose of mastering everything to my computer based CD Burner? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

NLAlston.

The FD-4 does not record midi information as far as I have discovered. It isn't meant to do that. But it does sync fairly well. I have an old DOS version of Cadenza and sequence with that, then when I record, I use the FD-4 as the Master (I haven't tried to slave it yet) and it has synced with the sequencer AND my drum machine.

Hope that helps.

Peace, Jim

Indeed, Jim, you have been very helpful, and I really do appreciate it. Nathan.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Marquard:
The FD-4 does not record midi information as far as I have discovered. It isn't meant to do that. But it does sync fairly well. I have an old DOS version of Cadenza and sequence with that, then when I record, I use the FD-4 as the Master (I haven't tried to slave it yet) and it has synced with the sequencer AND my drum machine.

Hope that helps.

Peace, Jim
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back