FD8 zip drive

choy

HI everyone.

Pardon my ignorance. I would like to know what storage material is put on 250external zip drive.Is it the normal CD recordable or not. I am really confused what to buy FD 8 with built in hard disk or with external zip drive. If CD recordable is the one use in Zip drive. I think the most convenient among the two to buy is with external zip drive because CD recordables are available here . It will not cause me any hassle in case i need to change my storage. Thanks alot. Again pardon my ignorance.

Choy

No it's not a cd-r disk.

Each drive be it zip, syquest, or any removable storage has its own medium. Zip 250
work fine but are limited in recording time and formatting. I have syquest 1.5 gig drives that I use but someone mentioned to me that he heard they went out of business, but i don't know the facts behind it for sure.

Check out www.justdeals.com for syquest they are a warehouse for them.

Syquest however are 50 pin connections so you have to use a 50-25 pin cable or adapter because the FD-8 is a 25 pin.

The only thing that set my mind against permanent HD is once it's full is having to download once the disk is full. With the removable just swap and go.

Check out www.fostex.com for latest drives and recording information for the FD-8

Hey, I just bought a Castlewood Orb drive which I should have in a week or two. It has a removable disk that holds 2.2gb at $25-39 a piece. Thats like 10 250mb Zip cartridges. And it is much faster than the ZIP. About the speed of a lot of hard drives. I will let you folks know how it performs as I use it. I hope it does work--less expensive media and much more recording time.

Peace, Jim

SYQUEST IS STILL IN BUSINESS, I JUST ORDERED SOME STUFF FROM THEM...I'VE FOUND THE SYQUEST 240 MB DISC TO BE GREAT, IT HOLDS ABOUT AN HOURS WORTH OF MUSIC.

removable just swap and go.

Check out www.fostex.com for latest drives and recording information for the FD-8[/B][/QUOTE]

I have the IOMEGA 250. It works much better (for me) than the Syquest 240. The Syquest locks up often. My 2 cents.
kmar

Back