Deleting tracks/time on mr8

pjh6467

Hi again folks, is it possible to get time back on on my cf card after deleting a track or portion of a track? Let's say I want to do a whole take over and it takes up a whole track and I'm short on time. Is there a way to get more time on my card by deleting that 1 tracks data? Thanks again Pat

pjh6467 said:
Hi again folks, is it possible to get time back on on my cf card after deleting a track or portion of a track? Let's say I want to do a whole take over and it takes up a whole track and I'm short on time. Is there a way to get more time on my card by deleting that 1 tracks data? Thanks again Pat
Not exactly. You can delete unused for the entire track, but If you erase part of a track, you can't recover that used memory.

I had an email exchange with Fostex on that one. It sucks that you can't recover the memory for parts of tracks that you no longer need.

So make sure you don't let the recording run longer than you need it too. Especially, don't let the recording run untill you used up the memory capacity of the card. Then you are stuck and will have to transfer the wave to PC, then edit it and transfer it back.

Back